June 10, 2014

Tues on the Quinnie

Sorry no pics today.  After getting a few hits on some soft hackles from the other day I decided today would be a 2 fly soft hackle day all day.  There is some different presentations for saft hackles one is to ccast up river and let the flies float down to you the other is to cast across and float the flies down and across the seams.  After today I can comfortably say that I MUCH prefer the upstream presentations.  Actually both fish I took were that way but regardless it feels better to me.  Which is to say I think I getting better drifts and I have better control over the line.  Fishing up steam into the water I'm most comfortable produced a dace and a nice little brown who gave a heck of a fight before spitting the hook at my feet only to get tangled in the top fly before getting netted.  I caught him upstream of where I would have been catching fish but the water looked good to me to.

No comments: