June 24, 2014

Tues at the Q

Well back to home waters.  The river has started to reach summer form...  decided to look at some newish water today and headed down stream from the pool.  picked up a nice healthy little brook trout on a light cahill nymph followed that up with a couple of dace.  After working my way down to the footbridge pool with no big fish to show for the effort I fished the run for a little while.  Managed to turn one fish in the slough probably also on the cahill.  In an effort to get back on that fish I switched to a partridge and yellow that I had tied.  This brought nothing to hand - perhaps something that is lighter would have been better served.  Regardless the river seemed to go to sleep around 8:00.  Might have to start fishing earlier in order to find actively feeding trout.

River 20 CFS; 64 F at 6:00 am

No comments: