Decided to head to some new water today. While fishing the quinnie has been fun I feel like I'm starting to know the fish by name. Do I decided to try the Miller's. This would be my second trip to the river having been on it last year once as well. I decided to fish the bear's run area. This is a big river or at least much bigger then I'm used to.
While I'm still learning this river I don't really expect to catch much. Having gotten a river guide it helps but you still have to read water and drift correctly. I managed 1 brown trout my fish on this river he came from an inside seam on a curved bead head pheasant tail nymph.
He was on the inside seam of a run and the nymph needed some tungsten help getting down. I followed that up with about 1/2 a dozen dace the largest going around 8 inches. Walking out I spoke with another angler who was swinging wets. He had better luck then I scoring 2 browns and a rainbow n. Claimed the hot fly was a partridge and orange. I had tried a yellow with nothing to show and the other angler echoed my experience. Go figure. I had that in my vest and opted NOT to tie it on. I will probably try and make another trip some time soon to explore the area some more.
River 55cfs; 67F


No comments:
Post a Comment