October 6, 2008
Well Yesterday was a cold and wet day so we got out very little. However today was a different story. We ran Ivy this morning and she got her first hun shot over her. Best news was that either Dad or I are the ones who got it and she stood steady through it all. Of course being the imp she is she then worked a running covey of huns and blew them out. Eventually chasing one over the hill. She did however redeem herself slightly on a jackrabbit when she didn't chase one which came out a mere 4 feet away from her. I also went out in the afternoon over a friends dog but the wind had come up again and the birds were spooky so although I was able to take a few long shots nothing came from them - oh well. Tomorrow we'll be headed over to the western part of the state for a more traditional sharptail hunt in the badlands.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment